Systems Developer – Markham, ON
Job ID: CA-20170316
Title: System Developer
Location: Markham, Ontario
Employment Type: Full Time
Purpose of Job:
- The strategic intent of this position is ensure continued development of IT systems, both Canadian specific and group wide, allowing the company to meet or exceed its revenue, growth and profitability targets.
- Work with the IT Services Manager, QA Analyst, Systems Developers and Business users, to maintain and enhance the various computer systems, both Canadian specific and group wide.
- Participate in all SCRUM meetings.
- Work with IT Services Manager, QA Analyst, Systems Developers and Business Analyst to review requirements and understand requirements.
- Perform system development work to maintain and enhance current and future systems, following the company standards and industry best practices, including unit testing.
- Provide escalated application support to end users.
Other position requirements:
- As assigned, works as a member of cross functional project teams and assists with the timely implementation of IT and other projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Full stack knowledge of the Microsoft .net Framework from version 2.0 and greater
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or greater, preferably with SSIS and SSRS experience
- Three or more years of experience in IT systems development, preferably over the full stack of solutions (web, web services, windows applications)
- CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap, jQueryUI, Ionic
- Unit testing
- Demonstrated ability to understand, interpret and apply systems development techniques.
- Knowledge of the company’s business mission and goals, and of the company’s departments, business practices and systems.
- Good team working skills and ability to work in a distributed global team environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated with determination to achieve goals.
- Flexible and able to deliver quality results in the required timeframe.
- Impeccable integrity and judgment.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity and to attracting and retaining the most qualified employees regardless of race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age, or disability.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject line CA-20170316.