Claims Adjuster – London
Position: Claims Adjuster
Reports to: Claims Manager
Job purpose: Responsible for assisting with the efficient operation of the claims function and for managing, under supervision, a diverse portfolio of claims.
Introduction: Global Aerospace has been a leading provider of aviation insurance for nearly 100 years. As a specialist insurer, its claims team is one of the most respected and highly regarded in the world – by clients, brokers and other insurers. Claims handlers working in the London claims team are routinely exposed to some of the most interesting and technically complex claims in the sector within both the airline, aerospace (including major manufacturers) and space/satellite areas.
Job Purpose: To apply legal and claims expertise to the handling of a portfolio of airline and aerospace accounts with a particular focus on technical/complex claims.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the various insurance products offered by the Company and their functions.
- Under the guidance of Claims Management and Senior Claims Adjusters, to adjust and process claims presented to the Company.
- Engage with external service providers and seek to proactively influence the handling of claims as necessary to protect Insurers’ and Policy Holders’ interests.
- Establish and maintain appropriate reserves for all claims.
- Comply with the Claims Manual and other instructions from management and deliver excellent customer service.
- Ensure compliance with Guidelines for service providers.
- Ensure compliance with the Conflicts Policy and Procedures.
- Ensure speedy communication to Claims management on important issues as they arise.
- Ensure provision of good service to brokers.
- Develop market networking to obtain knowledge of market trends and developments.
- Act as an effective ambassador for Global Aerospace and its claims service at every opportunity.
- Process claims transactions presented to the Company electronically.
- Be willing to travel internationally to meet clients, attend claims reviews or assist with the handling of major losses.
- Good understanding of aviation law and the aviation insurance market, obtained either from another aviation insurer, broker or specialist aviation law firm.
- Familiarity with the challenges of handling claims in multiple jurisdictions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organisational and co-ordination skills.
- Team player.
- Excellent attention to detail and keen ability to prioritise and organise a high workload with strong self-motivation.
Interested candidates should submit their CV’s to: GGaffney@global-aero.com with the subject line Claims Adjuster.