Administrative Assistant – Toronto, Ontario
Job ID: CA-201904OPS
Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Markham, Ontario
Employment Type: Full-Time
The incumbent is responsible for managing and distributing information within the office. This includes answering phones, taking memos, maintaining files, sending and receiving correspondence, as well as greeting clients and customers.
- Date entry of all new business on a daily basis
- Professionally administer all incoming calls
- Greet guests in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner
- Coordinate the distribution of all incoming/outgoing mail, couriers and deliveries on a daily basis
- Provide daily administrative support and assistance to all staff when required
- Monitor, maintain and administer supplies inventory on a weekly basis
- Maintain vendor relationships on an ongoing basis
- Maintain file room / storage facilities to ensure all files stored accurately
- Assist Underwriters on an on going basis in order to support underwriting process
- Send policy endorsements to brokers as required
- Scan and upload documents as required
- Assist in special projects and other duties when required
- Assist Operations Team Lead when needed
- Responsible for daily maintenance of lunchroom, boardroom and meeting rooms; includes stocking supplies and clean up
- Responsible for boardroom catering set-up and clean-up for board meetings, client meetings and staff functions as required
- Assist in organizing corporate and social events, as required
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 1 or more years of experience in general administration and customer service
- Ability to understand, interpret, communicate and apply corporate and administrative policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the company’s business mission and goals, and of the company’s departments, business practices and systems.
- Attention to detail and responsiveness to customer and staff needs in a courteous and proactive manner is paramount
Problem Solving Ability
- Anticipates and responds to potential and existing problems in assigned area of responsibility.
- Is able to analyze problems, understand the root cause and work with others to develop a methodical approach to resolving the problem, implementing an effective solution and taking steps to ensure the same problem does not occur again.
- Demonstrates good judgment and understands when to take initiative to solve problems on his or her own and when to involve senior managers.
- Takes action on difficult or unpleasant tasks on a timely basis
- Possesses a high level of skill in oral and written communication
- Ability to promote the open exchange of ideas and information by role modelling open, honest communication within the team and across the company
- Possesses a high level of emotional intelligence; that is, the ability to understand and respond appropriately to the needs and feelings of others
- Ability to manage interpersonal and intergroup conflict, conduct difficult conversations, and deal with issues in a positive and respectful manner
- The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Senior Underwriting Assistant, Operations Team Leader
Key Internal and External Contacts:
- Works closely with the management team and underwriting team
- Some contact with brokers and clients across Canada, in person and by email and telephone.
- As necessary, works with other Canadian employees and managers at all levels.
- As necessary, works and liaises with employees and managers in other offices and regions throughout the group of companies.
Physical Demands / Working Conditions:
- The work is performed in a standard office environment.
- Some stress due to deadline pressure and a workload that is heavy at times.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject line