Assistant General Counsel (Compliance) – Morris Plains, NJ
Job ID: 2012193
Job Title: Assistant General Counsel (Compliance)
Location: Morris Plains, NJ
Employment Type: Full-Time
Working in the Legal and Compliance department, this position will make appropriate business decisions on behalf of the Company and its employees in the best interests of the Company. Further duties and responsibilities are listed below:
- Sanctions—Develop knowledge of sanctions regulatory framework. Collaborate with and advise all departments of Company regarding sanctions laws and compliance. Draft policies and procedures related thereto. Perform sanctions checking as part of sanctions screening team.
- Data Privacy/Cybersecurity—Develop knowledge of data privacy and cybersecurity regulatory framework. Collaborate with and advise all departments of Company regarding data privacy and cybersecurity laws and compliance. Draft policies and procedures related thereto. Manage projects related to data privacy and cybersecurity requirements.
- Insurance Regulations—Develop knowledge of insurance regulatory framework throughout the US. Respond to regulatory inquiries; draft policies and procedures related to regulatory compliance; advise employees and departments regarding regulatory compliance.
- Contracts–Review, negotiate and manage contracts and policies related thereto across all departments of the Company.
- Corporate Governance—Participate in board meetings; assist with preparation for meetings and act as Corporate Secretary for small affiliate company.
- Intellectual Property—Oversee the registration of trademarks and other intellectual property needs of Company and affiliate company.
- Outside Legal Counsel—Procure and oversee external legal advisors when necessary to protect the business interests of Global
- Training—Provide training to employees regarding regulatory/compliance topics as necessary
- Counsel Services—Provide full range of counsel services for small affiliated company.
- Commitment to proactively identifying opportunities for improvement and engaging with appropriate stakeholders to propose solutions
- Must be a graduate of an accredited law school
- Must be admitted into a state bar
- Minimum of 5 years of legal experience at either a law firm or in-house
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other standard corporate software
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in addition to strong interpersonal skills
- Team player with a commitment to developing strong collaborative relationships with legal colleagues, and internal clients
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities and priorities simultaneously and still meet high quality and timeliness standards under pressure
- Sound judgment and commitment to ethical conduct
- Availability during business and non-business hours via company/personal mobile device(s)
- Experience counseling financial companies regarding regulatory, sanctions and/or cybersecurity/data privacy compliance
- Experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts
- Experience as a Corporate Secretary
- Experience managing administrative staff
Please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject line of XWEB-2012193.