Aviation Claims Adjuster – Toronto, Canada
Reporting to the Head of Claims, Canada, the Aviation Claims Adjuster is an entry level role supporting our Claims and Underwriting Teams. A key part of the role is to provide a claim experience that maximises client satisfaction and helps to deliver top and bottomline results for Global. As experience is gained, the Aviation Claims Adjuster is expected to provide technical expertise across our general aviation and aerospace/products claims.
The Aviation Claims Adjuster reports to the Head of Claims.
- With training and instruction, demonstrate an understanding of the various insurance
products offered by the Company and their functions.
- Under the guidance of Senior Claims Adjuster and Head of Claims, to adjust and process
claims presented to the Company in accordance with the Claims Manual and other
instructions from management and to assist in the negotiation of acceptable settlements
within the coverage.
- Monitor the work of service providers. Under the guidance of Senior Claims Adjuster on
non-lead accounts, seek to influence the handling of the claim as necessary to protect
Insurers’ and Policy Holders’ interests.
- Under the guidance of Senior Claims Adjuster, establish and maintain appropriate
reserves for all claims in accordance with the Claims Manual.
Assist the Head of Claims with the preparation of management information, data mining
and data cleansing.
- Comply with the Claims Manual and other instructions from management and deliver
excellent customer service.
- Ensure that appropriate reserves are established in a timely manner on lead claims. If
appropriate, on non-lead claims, in consultation with Senior Claims Adjuster or Head of
Claims, establish separate Global reserve if leader’s reserve is inadequate.
- Ensure that authority limits are not exceeded.
- Ensure compliance with Guidelines for service providers.
- Ensure compliance with the Conflicts Policy and Procedures.
- In consultation with Senior Claims Adjuster ensure speedy communication to Claims
management of important issues as they arise.
- Ensure instructions are clearly understood by brokers/service providers.
Ensure provision of good service to brokers.
- Manage personal workflow. Develop market networking to obtain knowledge of market
trends and developments and advise management and colleagues as appropriate.
- Act as an effective ambassador for Global Aerospace and its Claims Services at every
- Process claims transactions presented to the Company electronically.
Preferred Education Level(s)
- Recent graduate at degree level; or
- Recent diploma/certificate graduate in a relevant Aviation program; or
- CIP qualified or prepared to work towards achieving the same; or
- Other relevant Aviation Industry experience
- Administrative experience in an office environment.
- Knowledge of standard software packages e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience working with large volumes of data to analyse trends etc would be a
particularly valuable skill.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organisational and co-ordination skills.
- Comfortable working with data and performing statistical analysis.
- Excellent attention to detail and keen ability to prioritise and organise a high workload
with strong self-motivation.
- Language skills (in addition to English) would be desirable.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of Aviation Claims Adjuster.