Claims Specialist – Morris Plains, NJ
This position is responsible for providing claims and administrative support to the Claims Department. Further duties and responsibilities are listed below:
- Generating and distributing all correspondence relative to incoming or existing claim(s) via regular mail or e-mail
- Electronic filing of claims materials
- Create claims, input reserve information/changes as requested by claims adjusters and enter reserve authorizations/instructions
Process claim payments and advance requests through various applications as assigned
- Prepare settlement payments as assigned from claims adjuster, including confirming wire details and any further requirements from Finance
- Provide support with claims receivables and credit control items
- Provide support in finalizing and distribution of Market Reports as required
- Respond to inquiries from brokers, insureds, co-insurers, and vendors
- Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings as directed
- Schedule and create teleconference invitations for upcoming meetings as directed by claims adjusters
- Associates Degree or higher preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines and standard accepted claims practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Two to three years administrative experience in a legal, insurance or corporate setting
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of XWEB-2012172.
We (Global Aerospace, Inc.) are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans’ status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.