Project Manager/Business Analyst – London (UK)
Position: Project Manager/Business Analyst
Reports to: Group CFO
Location: London , U.K.
Reporting to the UK and Europe Chief Finance Officer, the successful candidate will partner with different departments, including Claims, Underwriting, Finance and HR identifying and delivering cross-functional operational improvement projects.
The successful candidate will have a sound background in insurance operations process design and optimisation, strong project management skills and the desire to make a positive impact. The role will be focused on the UK and Europe and will involve collaboration with colleagues in the US and Canada.
This role is a full-time position and will be based in London.
- Identify and advise on organisational design, new capabilities, and processes
- Prepare and present business cases which define solutions, detailing benefits and risks
- Develop and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders including those at a senior level
- Define and lead process improvement delivery projects, engaging and coordinating with cross functional teams
- Manage priorities effectively and report progress across multiple projects
The candidate must have strong knowledge of general insurance operations and preferably knowledge of London Market insurance practices with demonstrable experience in:
- Mapping complex processes, defining ‘As Is’ and ‘Target’ operating models
- Facilitating process review workshops with a range of stakeholders including at senior level
- Setting and delivering a strategic transformational vision
- Setting up and managing delivery projects applying best practice project management principles
In terms of the personal competencies required for the position, we would highlight the following:
- Establishes rapport and credibility, developing relationships with colleagues and stakeholders with ease
- Effective communicator and influencer, a strategic partner to relevant business leads
- Works collegiately and is comfortable handling the competing requirements of different stakeholders
- Confident operating with a senior leadership team and able to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Demonstrates persistence and determination to drive change
- Generates energy and enthusiasm in teams working towards a shared goal
Preferred Education Level:
- Graduate at degree level
- Project Management Accreditation
- An excellent understanding of general insurance business processes.
- Aviation insurance experience would be an advantage, but not essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with good attention to detail
- Exceptional organisation and coordination skills
- Driven and self-motivated
- Results oriented and delivery focused
- Ability to manage and shape initiatives
- Happy to take a hands on and practical approach
- Excellent with MSOffice and Visio
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of ‘Project Manager/Business Analyst Application’.