Senior Underwriter – Morris Plains, NJ
This position is responsible to produce and service profitable aviation insurance business in accordance with Company
underwriting and compliance guidelines. Further duties and responsibilities are listed below:
- Review all new and renewal business in the assigned territory to ensure that it meets Company underwriting and rating standards. This will include an ongoing review of strategies and status of their renewal book of business with their Underwriting Manager or their designee.
- Produce new business and service existing business by planning and organizing production and risk inspection trips as required to maintain retention and profitability.
- Become acquainted with and communicate with all aviation agents and brokers in their assigned territory to establish good rapport with them and implement Global’s business plan and mission statement.
- Prepare the Underwriting Assistant for issuance of policy documents by assembling and organizing complete underwriting and rating information in a form and manner which will assure an error-free, understandable, and professional product in accordance with company standards.
- Compose and affect the issuance of contract certain/compliant endorsements, certificates of insurance and binders in accordance with company standards.
- Maintain up-to-date rating manuals, underwriting guidelines, procedures manual and files as necessary to keep abreast of Company policies, goals, and objectives.
- Monitor changes in any particular risk, agency or area which might affect the production of aviation business in the assigned territory.
- Keep the Senior Underwriting Manager fully informed of plans and developments in the assigned territories including information on new/renewal risks and competition.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business. Aeronautical Science, Aviation, Aviation Management or Risk Management Degree, preferred
- Aviation background or prior insurance experience
- Three years experience, or its equivalent, in an underwriting position
- Demonstrated ability to have a proactive influence on the aviation insurance business in a defined territory
- Superior written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Word and Excel)
- Must pay attention to detail
- Have outstanding customer service skills
- Pilot certificate with instrument rating
Please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject line of XWEB-2012166.
We (Global Aerospace, Inc.) are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans’ status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.