Underwriting Analyst – Morris Plains, NJ
This position will provide broad support to members of the General Aviation Underwriting Department in the areas of research and development of pertinent underwriting information, day to day servicing, routine follow-up for outstanding information and completion of policy documents necessary for issuance of new and existing policyholders. Further duties and responsibilities are listed below:
- Load underwriting models including endorsements and coverages where applicable
- Create an underwriting analyst pack which consists of:
- Research of each risk and outline outcome
- Review previous records for any pertinent information to be shared with the sales underwriting team
- Loading underwriting models including endorsements and coverages where applicable in an effort to prepare the model for the underwriter’s quote.
- Compare insured values with bluebook values and highlight differences to the sales team.
- Copy over any relevant underwriting information from previous year’s records
- Generate an updated Policy History Report showing both premium and loss information.
- Generate Early Action Renewal Analyst Packs as directed by the Sales Team.
- Peer Review analyst packs for accuracy and complete checklist for each file
- Issue quote, policy, binder documents, and Mid-Term changes as directed by the Underwriting Team.
- Responsible for assisting Underwriting Team on credit control items and proofreading documents for final mailing.
- Provide administrative support as directed by the Underwriting Analyst Manager
- Review policy detail report and highlight any discrepancies with the sales team.
- Contact brokers, head office or other regional offices as directed by the Underwriting Analyst Manager.
- Maintain proficiency in various internal systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business
- Studies in Aviation, Risk Management, Economics, or Accounting/Finance preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Previous experience working in a role that required strong analytical skills and precise attention to details
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines and standard accepted underwriting practices
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Two to three years’ experience with insurance underwriting type activities
- Previous experience working in Finance or Accounting
- Strong Mathematical skills
Please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject line of XWEB-2012167.
We (Global Aerospace, Inc.) are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans’ status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.