Underwriting Assistant – Ontario, Canada
Position Title: Underwriting Assistant
Location: Markham, Ontario (Hybrid Office and Home-based working model)
Reporting Relationship: Operations Manager
Global Aerospace Underwriting Managers (Canada) Limited (“Global Canada” or “Company”) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Global Aerospace Underwriting Managers Limited (“Global”), a world-leading provider of specialist aviation and aerospace insurance, servicing the needs of the aviation industry for over 95 years. Global operates as a Joint Underwriting Agency on behalf of a number of leading Insurance Companies (Insurance Pool members). Global is a full-service agency with authority for underwriting and claims delegated to Global by its participating Pool members.
Purpose of Position:
To provide the Underwriting department with the administrative support needed to meet the longer-term goal of ensuring that Global remains the industry leader in its field.
Liaison and support to underwriters, finance team and external broker clients to assist in Global’s policy quoting and issuance procedures. Specific responsibilities include:
– Data entry for new business submissions;
– Processing of new/renewable aviation business including policy endorsement issuance and supporting premium calculations;
– The development of underwriting information, including submission data, loss run reports and other requirements to support quote process;
– Review and correction of premium discrepancies where necessary;
– Development and issuance of insurance certificates that meet policy and regulatory requirements;
– Compliance and policy review procedures;
– 1 or more years of experience in general administration/customer service;
– Strong organization and customer service skills;
– High attention to detail and capability to work under pressure to meet deadlines;
– Proficiency in oral and written communication;
– Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 products;
– Ability to promote the open exchange of ideas and information in an open, communicative team-based environment within Global Canada and across the Global Group;
-Ability to forge relationships, work well in a small team, manage conflict, and conduct difficult
conversations and deal with issues in a positive and courteous manner; and
-Interest or passion for Aviation.
Physical Demands / Working Conditions
-The role is largely performed on a hybrid basis in a standard office environment and home-based working;
-Some stress and performance pressure due to deadlines and “busy seasons”
Interested candidates should submit their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Underwriting Assistant.