Underwriting – Nationwide
Global Aerospace (US) is headquartered Morris Plains, NJ and offers candidates an opportunity to work for an innovative organization and leader in the aerospace aviation insurance industry. This underwriting role’s responsibilities include maintaining an existing portfolio of general aviation business as well as production of new business to standards established by management. Further duties and responsibilities are listed below:
- In consultation with the underwriting team, evaluate all new and renewal business to determine that it meets Company underwriting standards and is properly rated
- Become acquainted with and communicate with aviation agents and brokers to ensure consistent communication and understanding of Global’s underwriting philosophies
- Service new and renewal business in coordination and support of underwriting staff. This includes direct communication with producers to assist them with basic requests such as issuance of certificates and standard endorsements. Assist in collection of any missing applications or forms needed to complete policy documentation
- Keep abreast of new technologies, procedures, and guidelines within the company and in the aviation insurance industry
- Maintain current rating manuals, underwriting guides, and other files as is necessary to keep abreast of Company goals and objectives
- Keep the Underwriting Team informed of industry activity with respect to new risks, competition, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business
- Relevant experience in property/casualty insurance industry required
- Excellent verbal, written, math and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and influence management skills
- Well versed in Microsoft Office Skills (i.e., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Pilot certificate or aviation industry experience
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of XWEB-2012183.