Liability Claims Attorney – Morris Plains, NJ
This position is responsible to manage a portfolio of liability claims and provide a claim experience that maximizes client satisfaction and helps to deliver top and bottom-line results for the Group.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide technical bodily injury and property damage adjusting expertise across all our aerospace lines of business (excluding Satellites), including embracing technology and analytics initiatives to drive better efficiencies, and contribute to a highly engaged, high-performance team. This is an individual contributor role at a senior level and requires a candidate who is committed to peer mentoring, cross-training, and supportive and inclusive teamwork.
Additionally, this individual will be a critical partner with Global Aerospace’s claims team and internal and external stakeholders and business partners.
- Deliver industry leading service to clients and brokers, in line with Global Aerospace’s values and corporate behaviors. Continuous development and innovation.
- Comply with all regulatory requirements and maintain claims handling best practices.
- Support claim management team vision and key strategic priorities by participating and engaging in projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Responsible for accuracy and adequacy of all aspects of liability claims reserving for assigned matters.
- Manage all aspects of assigned claims and litigation including identifying and assessing coverage issues and reviewing and implementing coverage strategy.
- Analyze and direct tender of assigned claims per additional insured and contractual indemnity provisions in insured’s service/vendor agreements.
- Participate in selection and management of outside counsel, investigators and subject matter experts to manage litigation and develop claims.
- Collaborate with insured and assigned counsel to develop and implement strategy to resolve matters including review of liability and damages materials and litigation evaluation reports from outside counsel; direct counsel in accordance with resolution strategy.
- Prepare technical reports for insureds, co-insurers and Global Aerospace Management providing reserve recommendations and claim/litigation resolution strategy.
- Attend mediations, settlement conferences, trials and other proceedings relevant to resolution of assigned matters.
- Travel to key stakeholders which include brokers, clients, industry conferences and all Global offices as needed (30%).
- Commit to continuous improvement in service that balance efficiency/productivity, indemnity management, customer service and quality assurance controls.
- Act as an effective ambassador for Global Aerospace.
Preferred Education Level:
- Graduate Degree
- Legal qualification (experienced insurance litigation attorney is highly desirable).
- Preferably 10 years experience with a proven track record in managing a variety of aviation bodily injury and property damage insurance claims.
- Understanding of aviation insurance claims processes and procedures within the U.S. and International Market.
- Analytical thinking
- Strong organizational and co-ordination skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and keen ability to prioritize and organize a high workload with strong self-motivation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject line of XWEB-2012184