Underwriting Assistant – Markham, Ontario
Position Title: Underwriting Assistant
Location: Markham, Ontario (Hybrid Office and Home-based working model)
Reporting Relationship: Operations Manager
Global Aerospace Underwriting Managers (Canada) Limited (“Global Canada” or “Company”) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Global Aerospace Underwriting Managers Limited (“Global”), a world leading provider of specialist aviation and aerospace insurance, servicing the needs of the aviation industry for over 95 years. Global operates as a Joint Underwriting Agency on behalf of a number of leading Insurance Companies (Insurance Pool members). Global is a full-service agency with authority for underwriting and claims delegated to Global by its participating Pool members.
Purpose of Position:
To provide the Underwriting department with the administrative support needed to meet the longer-term goal of ensuring that Global remains the industry leader in its field.
• Liaison and support to underwriters, finance team and external broker clients to assist in Global’s policy quoting and issuance procedures.
Specific responsibilities include:
o Data entry for new business submissions;
o Processing of new/renewable aviation business including policy endorsement issuance and supporting premium calculations;
o The development of underwriting information, including submission data, loss run reports and other requirements to support quote process;
o Review and correction of premium discrepancies where necessary;
o Development and issuance of insurance certificates that meet policy and regulatory requirements;
o Compliance and policy review procedures;
• 1 or more years of experience in general administration/customer service;
• Strong organization and customer service skills;
• High attention to detail and capability to work under pressure to meet deadlines;
• Proficiency in oral and written communication;
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 products;
• Ability to promote the open exchange of ideas and information in an open, communicative team-based environment within Global Canada and across the Global Group;
• Ability to forge relationships, work well in a small team, manage conflict, conduct difficult conversations and deal with issues in a positive and courteous manner; and
• Interest or passion for Aviation.
Physical Demands / Working Conditions
• The role is largely performed on a hybrid basis in a standard office environment and home based working;
• Some stress and performance pressure due to deadlines and “busy seasons”
Interested candidates should submit their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of Underwriting Assistant.