Underwriting Financial Analyst – Morris Plains, NJ
Job ID: 2012198
Job Title: Underwriting Financial Analyst
Location: Morris Plains, NJ
Employment Type: Full-Time (Hybrid)
This position will provide Underwriting decision / systems development support. The Analyst will work across the group to develop and refine underwriting pricing tools, provide Underwriting Compliance and filing support, provide ad hoc underwriting decision support analysis, work with Business Analysts, IT and Group Actuarial to interface decision support tools with systems.
Further duties & responsibilities are listed below:
- Reviewing trends/projections/results and updating and improving rating tools.
- Ad Hoc pricing support – Individual underwriting analysis as required.
- Rating analysis of digital underwriting product lines including development of reports in collaboration with the underwriting team.
- Run regular meetings with underwriters to present results and projections.
- Develop assessments of the markets rate adequacy for select segments of the business.
- Assist with development and maintenance of the underwriting regulatory rate book.
- Verify rate versions applied to filed accounts are within filed rating boundaries.
- Develop responses to regulatory rate filing questions for justification and support.
- Research and review competitors’ rate and regulatory filings.
- Work with stakeholders across the group to integrate and interface decision support tools into underwriting systems.
- Assist Actuarial and Finance during the business planning process.
- Four (4) year college degree with a concentration in either Mathematics, Finance, Statistics or Accounting
- Financial and math background a plus
- Associate Actuary progress or pursuit a plus
- Aviation interest or pilot license a plus
- P&C or specialty insurance company experience preferred.
- Demonstrated aptitude in Mathematics and Computer Science.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to work productively and independently.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel which includes Macros, SQL, Pivot Tables, V-Lookup and in writing database queries.
- Experience with IT systems and their development a plus.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and influence management skills with demonstrated ability to lead discussions.
- Strong presentation skills.
- May require travel by airplane and/or automobile in conducting business domestically/internationally.
Please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject line of XWEB-2012198.