Global Gives Back: Why Philanthropy is Part of Our DNA
Merriam-Webster defines philanthropy as “goodwill to fellow members of the human race; especially : active effort to promote human welfare.” At Global Aerospace, we use a shorter descriptor for our charitable efforts. We simply call it “giving back.” We understand that any success our company has achieved is due to the loyalty of our clients, the support of the communities in which we operate, and the diligent work of our team members.
Consequently, we find it only natural to say “Thank you!” to these groups. One of the ways we do that is through donations of our time, effort, and money to the many worthy organizations that they care about.
Year-Round Engagement with Exceptional Organizations
It is wonderful that the holiday season brings out the best in people and that they tend to be more charitable at this time of year. But of course, as they say, “need knows no season.” So, while we do enjoy participating in a number of charitable initiatives around the holidays, such as our involvement in #GivingTuesday, we support the work of great organizations throughout the year.
These entities identify need in its many forms, and take action to address it. From fundamental requirements like food and shelter, to the desire for human connection, dignity, and joy, to better treatments for life-threatening illnesses and fully supported research for finding cures.
Some of the many organizations and programs with whom we work with include:
- MacMillan Cancer Support World’s Biggest Coffee Morning
- London to Brighton Cycle Ride to benefit St. Luke’s Hospice
- Food and School Supply Drive for Interfaith Food Pantry of Morris County
- BOMA Dallas Foundation Toiletry Drive
- 5N2 Soup Kitchen
- Spenser/Sedgwick 5K Fun Run sponsoring the future of our industry
- Easter Food Drive
- London Winter Run to benefit cancer research
- Canadian Tire Jumpstart Charity
- Go Red for Women program of the American Heart Association
- Young Student Open Day
- Daily Break Food Bank
- Handmade blankets and hygiene kits for Market Street Mission
- Dreamflight 2018 for deserving children with serious illnesses or disabilities
- EAA Young Eagles and Youth Aviation Programs
- Bob Hoover Academy aviation-focused education for at-risk teens
- Boeing’s Ready. Set. Go Fly program
- International Aviation Women’s Association
- Salvation Army Clothing Drive
- Jersey Cares “First Night Kits” program
- Charity Bakeoff for Single Homeless Project
- Thanksgiving Food Drive
- MIND UK mental health organization
- St. Peter’s Orphanage
- Reverse Advent Calendar – London Food Bank
- Chum FM Christmas Wish Toy Drive
- Gift collection for Morris View Nursing Home
Why Our Charitable Efforts Matter to Clients
If you’re not involved with the International Aviation Womens Association (IAWA), Jersey Cares, or the London Food Bank why should it matter to you that we support these and other organizations? We think it matters because it tells you the kind of company, and more importantly the kind of people we are.
For 95 years, we have built our business on the personal, caring connections we make with our clients, their brokers, and others in the industry. These trusting relationships give them confidence that we have their best interests – rather than just our own business interests – in mind in all of our interactions with them. That’s critically important with aviation insurance that protects their valuable property and their livelihood.
Our Sincerest Gratitude to People Making a Difference
So, as the year draws to a close, we thank our employees, business partners, and the many charitable organizations with whom we work for their ongoing efforts to make a difference. Their contributions to our industry and society around the globe continue to have a positive impact on so many people.
How and where will we get involved in charitable endeavors in the year ahead? Our plans will evolve as the needs of our communities evolve. One thing is certain: Being involved in charitable endeavors is part of our corporate DNA, and something that brings as much joy to us as it does hope to the people we serve.